Supplements for Shiny Horse Coat
There are a number of things you can do for your horse’s skin and coat. Here are a few…this is not an exhaustive list but does include a few of the items.
- Linseed or flaxseed. Provides Omega 3 Fatty Acids for the skin
- Black Oil Sunflower seeds. My sister swears by this. Gives Omega 6 and fatty oils for coat and skin.
- Coconut Oil. Has Vitamin C and E. Also gives them Capric Acid and Lauric Acid promote healthy skin and hair.
- Protein. Helps with muscle development and skin and hair
- Copper. Enzymes responsible for melanin are copper-dependant
- Zinc. deficiencies can cause skin/ coat issues.
Overall horse health will affect the horse’s coat. It is important to note from the outset that one or two additional supplements to your horse’s regiment will not make up for a poor diet. Grooming and diet
Healthy Coat is a sign of a healthy horse
Healthy skin and a shiny coat are more than just a sign of a well-groomed horse. Your horse’s skin and coat form an important protective barrier against bacteria and infections. Equine skin and coat supplements provide fatty acids such as omega 3s and omega 6s from sources like flaxseed, rice bran, and fish oil to support skin cell health and a show ring shine.