Last updated on March 30th, 2023 at 08:03 pm
30 Best Cowboy and Western Puns
Old films and other media have certainly romanticized the life of a cowboy. Long, hard days in the saddle, dusty plains, and sky as far as the eye can see… And who can forget the outlaws, too? It can leave many people yearning to have been born in that time so that they could lead the life of a cowboy. While the life of a cowboy isn’t always exciting or glamorous, those cowboys in the movies had quick wits and great senses of humor!
If you want to be like the cowboys and flex your funny bone, take a look at the list of some of the best cowboy puns that we have rounded up below. They range from clever to just downright goofy, and will certainly get you chuckling!
Read also – Horse Jokes
What Is a Pun?
So, what is a pun, anyway? A pun is a kind of joke– many people refer to puns as “Dad jokes”, because they can be a bit cheesy at times. By definition, though, a pun is a figure of speech which exploits the meaning of a word. They are used in writing to achieve humor, as well as in everyday speech– they can be used for either a rhetorical or humorous effect.
One of the great things about puns, of course, is that they make you laugh! They can even be used as an icebreaker at a party to cut through tension. Laughter is important and has many great health benefits, both for the long term and for the short term. For instance, it can help to improve your immune system so that you can fight off viruses, bugs, or infections. Plus, laughter helps us to connect to people as well, and can make us happier and less stressed.
Read Also – Heartland Filming Location
Puns About Cowboys and Their Horses
While some people may have a dog as their sidekick– man’s best friend, after all–, nothing is more important to a cowboy than his horse. Read on for some of the best puns about cowboys and their loyal, trusty steeds.
- Why do cowboys always ride horses? Because horses are too heavy to carry!
- The horse stopped with a jerk– and then the jerk fell off!
- After riding wild horses, the cowboy got sick– the doctor told him he had Bronc-itis.
- How do cowboys say hello to one another? Howdy neigh-bor!
- What does it mean when a cowboy finds a horseshoe? The horse is walking around in socks!
- A cowboy became rich after riding horses– every time that he rode, his horse gave him a couple of bucks.
- How do cowboys send out their secret messages? Horse code.
- How did the cowboy set fire to his chaps? He was out riding on the range!
Puns About Western Life
Cowboys are the epitome of western life– they ride their horses, herd cattle, and sometimes even get into shootouts in town! Many people envy this freedom and lifestyle. If this is you, take a look at some of the puns that we’ve collected that put a humorous twist on western life.
- If you wear a cowboy outfit, are you ranch dressing?
- At the end of the day, the cowboy was in a great mood. You could say that he was a real jolly rancher!
- A cowboy had an argument with his cattle. Afterwards, he apologized and told them that they should turn the udder cheek and mooooooove on!
- What did the cowboy tell everyone at his second rodeo? This isn’t my first rodeo.
- A cowboy’s cows were being too loud, so he went out and pressed the mooooot button.
- The cowboy could never get the right answer in math class. It was because he was always rounding up.
- After the cowboy went broke, he figured he couldn’t complain– because he had no beef!
- Why did the cowboy start making lassos? Because he got roped into it!
- Yesterday, a cowboy stopped by and asked my dad if he could help him round up 18 cows. Dad replied, “well, sure thing, partner– that’ll be 20 cows.”
- A lot of the issues in the Wild, Wild West could have been avoided if the cowboy city planners had just made the twins big enough for everyone!
- A cowboy got a new job in finance at a bak– now, he is the loan arranger.
- A cowboy got a new pet Dachshund. He got it because one of the other cowboys told him to get “a long little doggy”.
- What do you call a cowboy that teaches singing and acting? A stage coach!
- A cowboy still has terrible nightmares about the worst job he’s ever had, where he was in a record factory making country music records– howdy pressing!
Clever Cowboy and Western Puns
Many people believe that the clever puns are the best kind– they are witty and easy to elicit a laugh. Read on for some great clever puns about cowboys, western lifestyle, and the Wild, Wild West!
- A cowboy walks into a German car showroom and greets them, “Audi!”
- I’m planning on directing a cowboy film called The Sun– it’s set in the West.
- What kind of dinosaur can you find at a rodeo? Why, a bronco-saurus!
- At first, the cowboys were struggling with their choir, but now they’re an OK corral.
- A three legged dog walks into a saloon and tells them, “gentlemen, I’m a looking for the man who shot my paw.”
- What do you call a dinosaur that’s wearing a cowboy hat and boots? Tyrannosaurus Tex!
- Have you heard about the cowboy who croaked with his boots on? He said he didn’t want to stub his toe when he kicked the bucket!
- Two cowboys are marooned in the desert. One of them spots a tree that is covered in bacon in the distance. He gets up and runs to the tree of bacon excitedly. However, as he gets to the tree, he is shot to death! As it turns out, it wasn’t a bacon tree– it was a hambush!